5 Major Benefits of Using CNC Milling Machines
5 Big Advantages of Owning a CNC Milling Machine
Advanced CNC milling machines are equipped with features such as integrated touch screen software control, chip management, and swing arm Automatic Tool Change (ATC). Here are 5 major advantages of these automated milling machines for CNC milling plastic and metal:
- Safety: Machine operators do not need to crouch or bend while using a CNC machine. Thus, milling processes become easier and safer when using CNC machines. The components to be machined are placed in an enclosed area, which reduce chances of accidents.
- Extreme Accuracy Guaranteed: The accuracy of CNC milling remains unmatched and superior to traditional milling machines. CNC machines are equipped with advanced features, and software, which ensures the accuracy of the milled part. Also, the CNC milling process ensures high positional accuracy, as well as a high degree of repeatability. Updated software and individual parts are two requisites, which help ensure production efficiency, and part accuracy. Most software programs are easy to understand, and novice operators can follow manufacturer’s instructions when using for the first time. The CNC machines allow greater precision, which is typically 0.0001 inch.
- Improves Efficiency: The CNC milling machine is designed for a non-stop performance, which allows manufacturers use them continually. The machine only needs to be switched off occasionally for maintenance and repair. Also, the machine requires no warm-up time, which mean they can be operated anytime. Most software controlled precision milling machines allow idea simulation, which means there is no need to build or use a prototype. Once the software is programmed into the machine, it can produce countless replicas with the same precision every time. The CNC machines provide greater throughput because they are five times faster than traditional machines.
- Versatility: Manufacturers have to deal with multiple materials on a daily basis. They may be required to work with a wide variety of plastics or metals. CNC milling machines allow these manufacturers to shape and trim materials with losing on efficiency or quality. Since these machines allow working with multiple materials, machine operators can multi-task and create different parts at a time.
- Low Overhead Costs: Like most other automated CNC machines, the CNC milling machines require less supervision. A manufacturer can employ a single person to oversee the operation of various CNC machines.
Whether big, mid-sized, or small, all manufacturing units can use these automatic CNC machines to improve their production capabilities, lower their operating costs, and enhance their profitability, as well as customer retention.Read more about Prototype for Manufacturing Purposes in our next blog.