Acetal CNC Machining
Most plastic part applications require the part to be stiff and with good dimensional stability as well as heat resistance. So, the type of polymer must be chosen accordingly. CNC machined acetal parts fit the bill in this case. Also known as polyacetal or polyoxymethylene, acetal is a widely used semi-crystalline engineered thermoplastic used for making machined parts. Brogan & Patrick offers acetal machining services, and we machine several variants to offer you the required quality and specification of machined parts. We also offer cryogenic deburring for a fine finish of the acetal parts.
Properties of Acetal
As mentioned acetal is a semi-crystalline engineered thermoplastic, and this material has some amazing properties which make it one of the best materials for machined plastic parts. Here are some of the properties of acetal:
- Like any engineered polymer, acetal has excellent mechanical strength.
- Acetal is available as both - a copolymer and a homopolymer, although the latter is more superior, especially in terms of dimensional stability.
- It is suitable for applications with harsh environments and high temperatures.
- Since this thermoplastic is semi-crystalline, it remains steady till its accurate melting point and does not break down or melt gradually.
- It offers structural stability to the product and the required stiffness or rigidity.
- Acetal can be easily machined, and it absorbs minimal moisture, which makes it a suitable choice for applications where parts may be exposed to moisture for shorter or longer time periods.
- With acetal, you can make small parts with intricate designs and tight tolerances.
- It has good mechanical strength and abrasion as well as chemical resistance.
Types of Acetal Machining Services We Offer
We offer acetal machining services to make various acetal parts. These are our capabilities:
- CNC Turning: We specialize in acetal CNC machining services. We employ several CNC turning techniques for high-precision machining. These include threading, tapping, bar fed, contouring, taper turning, form turning, cross-hole drilling, and so on. Our CNC machines enable auto tooling and bar feed. With these advancements, we can make accurate CNC turned components with tight tolerances.
- CNC Milling: Our advanced machinery and state-of-the-art facility combined with our expertise enable us to make the best acetal CNC machining services in the country. Our CNC milling capabilities include indexing, custom fixturing, CAD designing, and programming, among others. The milling techniques we use include decking, milling, slitting, drilling, profiling, and more. We can cater to high volume production as well as prototyping, and achieve tolerances as tight as ± .001".
- Cryogenic Deburring: This technique offers a great finish and aesthetic appeal to a part or product. Also, certain applications may require a part with a smooth or plain finish. Cryogenic deburring ensures just that. At times, machined parts are left with some imperfections as extra material to be scrapped off, scratches, burrs, or dents. These burrs make the part rough and uneven. With this technique, we remove the burrs by subjecting the part to freezing temperatures to the point where they become brittle. These frozen parts are subjected to polycarbonate media which removes all the burrs, and gives it a fine finish without damaging the structure, dimensions, or any other properties of the part.
Popular Acetal Machined Parts
Here are a few acetal machined components we regularly machine as a part of our acetal machining services.
- Pump parts
- Electrical parts
Brogan & Patrick has a state-of-the-art facility and a huge experience and expertise in acetal CNC machining services. We offer end-to-end solutions and hence may be your go-to partner for all your requirements pertaining to CNC machined acetal parts. We believe each requirement is different and this has prompted us to be experts in customization. We thoroughly discuss the requirements with you to be able to offer the right solution. Also, in case you want an estimated price, we offer you a quick quote
. Our core focus is quality and accuracy, and we believe our customers should get the best from us in terms of output. Hence, we significantly invest in technology and R&D, thus leading to innovation. In case of any further questions or enquiries about our acetal machined parts, you can reach us on phone